The weight loss world is a maze; we are so often bombarded with useless untrue information at the expense of our hard efforts and often at the parting of our hard earned cash.
Whatever way we look at things, weight loss comes down to the reduction of calories in some way or another. So why do we make it all so difficult for ourselves?
Here are 5 simple things you can do to address why you can’t create an appropriate calorie deficit to lose weight.
1. You think less is better. If your maintenance calories are set for you to consume 2000 calories; 700 or 1700 calories is still a deficit. The only difference between the two is one is manageable and sustainable for the longer term and one is not. If you can’t sustain it you will ultimately fail.
2. You ban and completely remove the foods that give you pleasure. Setting you a near impossible task to stick with this in the long term. If you keep yourself in a calorie deficit you will lose weight; allowing yourself some freedom to still enjoy the foods you like. You do after all have to keep this part of your lifestyle once you reach your goals.
3. You’re trying to sustain a non-sustainable diet or exercise regime. Great you’ve lost 10lb in 2 weeks, you’ve got up at 5am every morning to train or go running or attend that class and you’ve had nothing to eat but a shake and some soup. Of course you’ve lost weight but how long can you keep this up for?
4. You slipped and fell off the road; it was you best friends birthday and 10 too many tequilas and a kebab later you’re feeling regret and like all your effort over the last few weeks have been pointless; so you decide to have a full on car crash. Have a fry up in the morning followed by take out pizza for dinner and the rest of the week resembles a similar pattern! No; get back on track! One slip doesn’t you mean you fell over.
5. You excuse yourself far too much, just a little bit of something everyday, every week soon becomes the reason you wanted to lose weigh in the first place.
A consistent calorie deficit within a balanced diet and balanced lifestyle will yield great results that last!
The only problem? A factual statement like that doesn't make this Industry any money!